Skip to main content

Back to FreeBSD (maybe back to the challenge)

So, I had a bit of time over the weekend, and spent it doing a bit of hacking around.

I had re-installed PC-BSD on my HP EliteBook R810. I used 10.0.2, and everything but the wireless looked good. I decided to try to get the wireless working with the internal WNIC. Previously, I used an external dongle to get WiFi working, but it was a pain to remember to pull it out, so I decided to try again.

I updated the base OS to 10-CURRENT, and then 'patched' the source tree using the info I found in this forum post. Once I rebooted, and used the PC-BSD tools to enable the device, things worked! Since this was only last night, I need to test it a bit to make sure it stands up to load.

There is a PR, and support has been added to HEAD. I am going try to write a patch to get this added before then. I will need to see if I can figure out how to do that. :)

Since my work laptop uses the same WNIC, I am one step closer to being able to install it on the work machine.

I am going to see about trying to use dragon as my non-work daily driver and shake out what I need to do, so I may be restarting the 30 Day Challenge again, but a lot of that depends on how work goes.