I was having some issues with my word press site, so I decided to look around for something else. I found a static-site generator, and I think I like it. So, I flipped this site over to it. I might flip the reset RealSoonNow(TM).
Wow...missed November by that much. It was a good month, but busy with the start of the holidays and all.
A bit of work in the background on some projects, but nothing to show for it. Still a new picture daily over at my photo blog, so go check it out.
Well, October is almost over already. Time flies. This fall has been very busy with non-work things. Kids in sports (with me being the coach for one of them), kids doing scouts, kids doing Y Adventure program (with me in the leadership), kids in advance classes at school.
Free time, how I miss you.
And I wanted to run a script I wrote a long time ago to support a website of mine, which I have not updated in a while. The way I would update the site is by doing some batch editing of photos, park them in a directory, and then run my script which pushes the photos to the web server, and then interfaces with the CMS software to schedule the posts and all is good.
Except the script is in perl, and it uses some modules which are not main-stream. While perl has the awesome cpan(1perl) command to fetch and install perl modules, I wanted it to be tied into pacman(8) . A quick trip to the AUR turned up the tools cpan2aur and mkaurball which made it pretty easy to package up and post the the AUR the 9 perl modules I needed to get my script going and keep track of things with pacman.
So, I have upgraded my servers at the house to FreeBSD, and have set up the basic functions needed on them. So, now, I am down to only my main laptop running Linux. Oh, and the work machine which runs Windows 8.1.
So far, not much different than running Arch for the server. But, the magic will be when I start working with jails...