Just a quick update. Yesterday, I got abook working. Kind of a hack, though. I used gcc to compile it, vs. clang. I will have to revisit this and offer up some patches to the abook project.
I have also been playing with x11/xpra which bills itself as ‘screen for X11’. That, combined with sshuttle , lets me get in from work and do some work during lunch. It may also give me a tempory way to use AfterShotPro until I get the whole Linux compatability layer thing figured out.
Next up is learing how to use ports(7) working to be able to install 10-STABLE while the host is 10-RELEASE.
Yes, my issues are not normal. 🙂